Splat Alley

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Miss Snark has gone

I can't believe it - Miss Snark's retired!

I came back from the weekend away thinking I'd sign in for my daily dose of Snarkiness and all of a sudden I found the sky had fallen on my head. I'll miss the Snarkiverse a lot, but especially Miss Snark's trenchant common sense, wisdom and the innate kindness she tried so hard to disguise.

It'll be a big miss, as we say in Scotland (which, now I come to think of it, definitely needs translation!) Not just her, but that whole eclectic community of writers who got together to read and comment on her blog.

She's leaving the blog up, which is a relief - it's an extremely valuable resource for writers. I can see why she'd need to retire, though. The work she's put in must have been phenomenal. I can't imagine how she found the energy to blog, read the mail, and crit the crapometers, as well as holding down a job. Her life must have been put aside to make room. I hope she has a well-deserved rest after this and manages to get her hands on Mr Clooney. Good luck to her - she's a true gem.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home